Re: Appending contents to file

2016-01-21 10:17:08

On 21/01/16 17:34, Danny de Bont wrote:

Hi guys,

Currently I am managing my Debian servers via simple commands in the Subject of a mail message with an empty body ...

Procmail would read the Subject and then perform a certain command ...

For example:
If I want to start an Ftp server I would send an email with "Ftp start" as the subject ... it works o.k for my needs ...

However ... I want to send more complicated commands in the Body and not the Subject ...

For example:
When procmail gets an email with say "Execute command" in the Subject ... I want procmail to pipe the command contained in the body (a one line BASH command) to BASH ...

Here is an example of a command I would send in the Body:
echo -e "\rLT 4>Body of email message\r\r" > /dev/ttyS1

Any pointers?

Danny

:0
* Subject: Execute command