Re: recepient's email address truncated

2016-03-12 23:08:43
On 11.03.16 09:25, Zhiliang Hu wrote:
I use a procmail recipe like the following for a number of small lists:

Because this is hardly repeatable, I am not sure what else I should
look at? Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you set up procmail logging, and turned VERBOSE=on ?
Adding a "LOG=$ReplyTo" line to .procmailrc will then confirm the value
at time of assignment in the $LOGFILE you specify.

What is "/home/myaccount/etc/listone/." as a delivery path? It appears
to deliver a copy to a "listone" directory, using redundant syntax.

Though not explained, presumably you compose replies to messages
received by the above mechanism, using an unnamed MUA. If that is mutt,
you should "set edit_headers=yes", allowing you to examine the ReplyTo
header immediately prior to posting, so long as you have not included it
in an ignore list.

But as your intent appears to be to always reply to the list, regardless
of any incoming ReplyTo header, is it not more reliable to use your
MUA's "List-Reply" function, which in mutt is 'L', rather than rely on
all that jiggery-pokery?

To be certain that 'L' functions, it is advisable to add a "subscribe"
for the list in .muttrc.

That seems significantly cleaner than munging incoming emails, and is
much more reliable, at least in my experience.

Erik