Re: Working sms time check?

2016-06-02 16:22:20
On Jun 2, 2016, at 12:30 AM, Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl>
wrote:
On 2016-06-02 07:31, @lbutlr wrote:

The issue is that the find does not fill the variable.

SMS_TIME=`/usr/bin/find . -mtime +24h -maxdepth 1 -name .SMS_$LISTNAME |
/usr/bin/sed 's/^.......//‘`

ALWAYS ends up with an empty SMS_TIME regardless of the time stamp on the
file.

1. Use an absolute path, instead of the dot.

The touch command creates the file in the right directory, but yes, I can try
that.

2. What are the 7 characters that the sed-command is supposed to remove?
Just put them in the command.

"./.SMS_” I want to end up with jut the $LISTNAME in SMS_TIME so that I can
later check

LISTNAME ?? ^^$SMS_TIME^^

3. There is a weird closing-quote at the end of the sed parameter.

I think that is an artifact of my mailer “smartening” the quote, but I will
double check.

4. Log every step, while testing.

Yeah, that’s how I figured out the field is always empty, regardless.

Wil report back, the machine is doing a backup now.

--
'I'll see you all tomorrow. If there is one.'