Re: procmailrc syntax

2016-10-28 16:12:45
* Zhiliang Hu <hu(_at_)animalgenome(_dot_)org> [10-28-16 16:08]:
Although I used procmail for so long I never figure out what kind of
"script" rules it follows.  For example in one of my rc script I try to
calculate a list file ("dist"):

  DISTCOUNT=`grep -cv '^(' dist` -1

the calculation part fails, end up in the log:

  procmail: Skipped "-1"

How can I get over this without getting it to external script for a simple
calculation like this?

Definitely not a procmail syntax expert here, but...  I believe you are
have a problem with grep syntax rather than procmail.  The minus sign for
a grep parameter requires special handling.