Re: Moving large messages to spam folder

2017-02-20 22:03:09

On 17 Feb 2017, at 16:21, Chris <cpollock(_at_)embarqmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Fri, 2017-02-17 at 15:02 -0700, @lbutlr wrote:
On 2017-02-16 (12:50 MST), Chris <cpollock(_at_)embarqmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

:0 fh w
* > 625000
* ^From:.*@yahoo.com
$JUNKMAIL

and as I leave any yahoo lists I'm on I can remove the size
modifier
from the recipe and just leave it as from yahoo.

Are you honestly getting messages that large from a mailing list?
That’s more than 10 times the size of the largest mailing list
message I could find on my machine (57K) in a few seconds of
searching.

No, these aren't mailing list. Coming in with subjects like

{* -BIG- *}  Discover (munged)  Cell (munged)  Phones & Plans for
(munged) Seniors

Then i don't understand why you are setting the threshold so high. I would
probably set it at 100K or so if I didn't simply trash all messages from
yahoo.com at the mail server.

helo_checks.pcre:
/.*\yahoo\.com/ 550 Yahoo is not allowed here, use gmail or someone who hasn't
leaked over a billion passwords

And yes, I know that will trap anything coming from any address with
"yahoo.com" in it, anywhere. That is the point.

That is 632k which is the norm for these. Hopefully all the (munged)
will let this through. I really don't want to run them through SA
because of the size.

SA defaults (or used to) to not processing any message over 256K.

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.