Re: An 'or' recipe

2017-08-17 12:22:06
On 13 Aug 2017, at 14:21, Chris <cpollock(_at_)embarqmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I get a lot of messages from various authors mailing lists. After some
searching I came up with an option that might work but wanted to run it
through the list. This is what I came up with

This is what I have. I can't remember who wrote it, but probably Sean.

WHITELIST=$HOME/.friends

# we require a trailing space or tab after the address match, whether an
# mbox is specified or not.
ISLISTED=`grep -i "$CLEANFROM " $WHITELIST`

:0
* ISLISTED ?? ^[^ ]+[   ]+\/[^  ]+
{

DROP=$MATCH

:0
.$DROP/

}

the .friends file looks like this:

user(_at_)example(_dot_)com example
user(_at_)fubar(_dot_)tld   fubar
mom(_at_)mominc(_dot_)tld   family

etc…

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.