Re: suggestion needed on a recipe

2019-11-01 22:54:51

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019, Andreas Schamanek wrote:

  :0 hw
  | (formail -I "X-Loop: my-email@my-domain" \
             -I "Subject: Problems with ....."; \
             cat - notify.moderators.txt) \
Using 'formail' and 'cat' together can be found from man pages on "procmailex". As they are put in parenthsis, I think when these shell commands are executed in sequence the outcomes get piped at once to the next action.

Correct, but procmailex(1) shows only `formail ; cat FILE` not `formail ; cat - FILE`. Here the formail reads from stdin (the headers from procmail), then cat reads again until whatever. In short, remove the "-".

I removed '-', and it doesn't affect the outcome as described earlier.

ZL