Re: addding from lines with formail

2020-05-13 15:44:45
In article <e287b896-b6a4-3d88-77de-20164cfcd014(_at_)htt-consult(_dot_)com>
you write:
It is what cron is doing, though.  Why put something in broken?   It
could have done rgm@localhost.

On systems with regular mail software, the cron output goes through
a submission server which cleans up the address headers and adds
Date and Message-ID and so forth.  I'll be intrigued whether they
accept your report or say it's not their problem.

One more thing to include in my cron bug report.  Already going to
complain no Date: as to when the cron task started.  All you can do is
stick in a Date: header of when the task finished.

Well, your command can be something like

  date; do-something; date

and the timestamps are in the message. I do that for stuff that runs a
long time.

R's,
John