Re: new draft RFC: thoughts on localpart

2003-10-17 15:54:18
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 06:33:51PM -0400, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
Encryption is not internationally legal.

        What I proposed was an SHA1 hash, which is a one way hash.  It
is not technically cryptography.  It does not allow information to be
hidden.  It only allows information to be verified.

        One would think that this would mean that it is "more legal"
than strong crypto.  I cannot, of course, confirm that it is legal
everywhere.  But who can?

        We would be using the SHA1 hash in a minor, "convenience"
extension to the core of SPF.

        Izzy