Conflicting standards

2003-10-22 21:25:03
After playing around a bit, I noticed an inconsistency:

The draft RFC requires the TXT policy record, but both Perl's
Mail::SPF::Query and the diagram on http://spf.pobox.com/howithelps.html
seem to completely ignore it.

For now, I've included both the correct _smtp_client allow/denies as well as
the domain policy text for my primary domain. For other domains, I used
both the include:capsi.com domain policy as a SPFinclude=capsi.com TXT for
*.in-addr._smtp_client. This is hopelessly redundant, though, but it seems
to be the only way to be in compliance with the draft, diagram *and* the
Mail::SPF implementation.

Regards,

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "In the name of sheer pity, won't someone operate on
cap(_at_)capsi(_dot_)com | Chairman Arafat and put that poor cancer into a

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt
http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦¾Øß´ëù1Ií-»Fqx(_dot_)com