SPF as enabler for other systems eg Habeas[tm]

2003-10-23 14:16:40
On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 05:07:13PM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

| The ASRG unification process has resulted in a new, very different, much
| more expressive syntax, which I have found to my surprise much easier to
| implement than the first one both in DNS and as a client library.

The new draft is 02.txt and it continues to change incrementally.

  http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt

At ISPcon I met folks with other antispam ideas.  Some of them were
turning ideas into companies.  This is when I realized that SPF could be
used as an enabler for complementary technologies: for example, a
Habeas[tm] customer could use SPF as a hinting mechanism:

  "v=spf1 habeas default=unknown"

This would instruct compatible clients to perform Habeas[tm] header
checking and use that as the basis for accept/reject instead of regular
SPF.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt