Re: [registrars] yahoo announces new anti-spam measure (fwd)

2003-12-08 12:21:07
Bill Rockefeller wrote:

Erm, all of this is old hat. There's already a solution that's been published.
Kills all spam, free for all to implement. No central registry or costs beyond
simple implementation at a server level.

http://www.qyv.com

"The QYV system increases costs to spammers without increasing costs to legitimate senders of email."

I'm kinda at a loss for this statement, I don't see any links from that site to the patches for qmail,exim,postfix,sendmail.

This site kinda reminds me of a next generation IRC protocol I saw once. The ideas are nice (in theory) but nobody wrote an implementation, so we'll never know.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.txt