ANNOUNCE libspf-alt version 0.2

2004-03-01 16:36:24

A new version of the alternate C implementation of SPF (libspf-alt) is
now available at:

http://www.midwestcs.com/spf/libspf-alt

Version 0.2 is mostly a cleanup release.  The major change is that
libspf-alt now uses autoconf/configure to make it more portable.  It
now compiles and passes its self-checks on Debian Linux (testing),
FreeBSD 4.3 and SunOS 5.8.  The source code has been rearranged, it is
now in a directory tree rather than everything in one big directory.
The six different test suites that I've been using for testing can now
be automatically run by using the "make check" command.

The GNU autoconf/automake/libtools system (configure) gives a nice
standardized system for things like "make install" and "make
uninstall", but boy does it add bulk!  The configure script alone is
over 750k!  Still, I think using these tools is well worth it.

Comments, suggestions, bug reports, and complaints, are welcome!

-wayne

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)Ë`Ì{5¤¨wâÇSÓ°)h