SPF DNS txt question

2004-03-16 06:38:10
Dear  all,

I'm newly in this list and SPF , I'm confusing about SPF setting
Please help me.
Let me explan my network first.
Internet --> Mail gateway --> Viruswall --> Mail server -- Client
We are using private IP on our network ex 192.168.x.x
I have follow the wizard for my setting, But I'm confusing about
DNS txt record for Mail server.

What is the "send mail from" meaning?
Is the mail server or including client ?
[a] is this point to mail server real IP ? if so ,
but We are send an e-mail through mail gateway so we can also use [a] right ?
[mx] is this point to my mail gateway real IP ?
[ptr] Could some one explain about this ? Is this point to other server who
can send mail through our domain ? or Is this point to our clients ?
The other question is we use private ip what is the ptr record should I have ?
Three question is my domain called cjs.idv.tw but my mail server called
mail.cjs.idv.tw. Is there has different with ptr record ?
[a:] What is different with [ptr] ? Is meaning the other server who can send
e-mail form this domain ?
What is [mx:] and [ip4:] meaning ?

Also I have Internal and External DNS server , What is the different on these
two DNS txt records setting ?

Finally the SPF wizard give me the resule that I put in to the data
v=spf1 a a:mail.cjs.idv.tw mx ptr -all
Can some one explain this ?

Sorry my poor english ,
Any input are very appreciate.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Jason Chen
Jason(_at_)mail(_dot_)cjs(_dot_)idv(_dot_)tw
http://www.cjs.idv.tw/