Re: turning on VERP for spf-discuss

2004-03-23 01:50:42
On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 21:04 -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
Just so you know, I'm enabling VERP for the list for a little while,
because the C/R "are you a human?" and "your SMIME signature is a
virus!" messages are driving me crazy.  I'm going to unsubscribe the
over-aggressive members who probably don't see list messages anyway.

Please could you include the list name somewhere in the reverse-path
you're using? I can't see anything in there to distinguish spf list
traffic from srs list traffic.

I filter all lists on sender-address. Sometimes, headers get broken in
transit by broken MTAs. List-Id: and other headers have false positives
when mail is 'bounced' (to abuse the term the way Pine does) to you, and
false negatives when something brokenly inserts an extra CRLF into the
headers. Filtering on reverse-path is the only method I've found to be
reliable. But now the reverse-path doesn't actually include any
information about which list the message is from.

--
dwmw2