Just how many of the boxen really *need* to be in the spf rr

2004-03-30 18:53:54
I want to start publishing spf rrs for my domains, but have not found
one very important answer....

Do I need to specify only those boxen that actually initiate smtp
sockets to others' servers, or all of the boxen listed in the
Received headers?

As an example, my notebook usually claims to be in my .org domain
although I use the .com for 99% of my emailing.  Does the notebook
need to be in the .com's spf rr even though all mail from it is
filtered through one of my servers?

(I don't want to use ptr because I've seen endless spam --
mostly coming from Korean ipv4s -- where the ptr was falsely
set to match the domain the mail claimed to be from....)

-JimC