Re: SPF v1 draft for review

2004-10-06 00:03:16
Mark,

First, thank you for an outstanding effort in pushing SPF forward. Please accept the very minor comments I offer below on some issues that I spotted during my quick review.

Draft comments
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/spf/draft-lentczner-spf-00pre1.txt

Minor nitpick: Conformance Issue.
The term "e-mail" is generally used most frequently throughout the body of the document, however "email" is also used once in the draft body in the last paragraph of page 29. Adjusting that instance to "e-mail" might be appropriate for conformities sake.

Syntax conformity issue on page 31, the expansion example:
   %{l}                       strong-bad
   %{l-}                      strong.bad
   %{lr}                      strong-bad
   %{lr-}                     bad.strong
I am guessing that
   %{lr}                      strong-bad
should actually be
   %{lr}                      bad-strong

Contributors and Acknowledgements on Page 38:
While I don't know the genesis of [DMP], I believe the progenitor of [RMX] is Hadmut Danisch. Perhaps it is appropriate to offer an attribution to Mr. Danisch for [RMX] and to the creator(s) of [DMP] should they be identifiable.

Best,

Alan Maitland
The Commerce Company - Making Commerce Simple(sm)
http://WWW.Commerco.Com/