Re: HELO Checking [Re: What to include...]

2004-10-06 07:32:39
On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 09:33, Mark wrote:
Therefore, "customerservice.buy.com" and "buy.com" are really to be treated
as separate entities.

Perhaps Unified could have some sort of "default" scope, so that buy.com
could have something like:  "spf2.0/default:pra,default:mailfrom -all".

Then these sorts of upward searches could get to a record that was
intentionally published for such a purpose.

Come to think of it, if RRs aren't really so difficult to get assigned
after all, then instead of defining a default scope for use in spf2 TXT
records and in the up-and-coming SPF RR, we could ask for an SPF_DEFAULT
RR as well.

Then when looking up the domain tree for default records, instead of
searching through overloaded SPF RR's that have "default" in the scope,
we'd search for SPF_DEFAULT RRs instead.

--
Mark Shewmaker
mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com