Re: spf entries for which hosts ???

2004-10-13 15:33:09
On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 03:31:04PM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

We don't want the world to have to put an SPF record on
every single www.domain.com out there, but we don't seem to
want to embrace any of the technological alternatives
either.

I hate to propose a change yet I'm doing it on a _what_if_ basis:

What if lookups were not done on $domain but on _spf_.$domain instead.

Wildcards would work as expected, wouldn't they?

just a thought,
Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If