Re: Wizard and commas

2004-10-23 06:21:27
On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 02:06:57PM -0400, Holm, Mark wrote:
I discovered, quite by chance, that if a domain has an spf record that
contains a comma, and you enter that domain as a starting point for the
wizard at spf.pobox.com, the wizard blows up.  Yes, I know that commas are
not in the spec, but a page of Perl errors (I am guessing it is Perl) is not
the most efficient way to communicate the nature of the problem.

The registry checker at spftools, on the other hand, returns a moderately
helpful error,
 "Malformed cidr '/24,' in 'ip4' declaration in rule part 4
(ip4:216.223.128.0/24,)"

Even better would be to say that mechanisms should be separated with spaces.

I think things like 'a:bla,' are in the sense of the original BNF a valid
string.. Am I right?

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.