Re: [OT] halloween costume

2004-10-30 14:11:44
In <20041030192115(_dot_)GV1135(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

It would be pretty funny to go as a spam.

I've got a pretty technical family.  My father has been programming
computers since late 1950s and by 1990 or so, all but one of my
immediate family had email.

For xmas back in something like 1997 or so, I went out and bought a
whole bunch of cans of different types of spam.  I individually gift
wrapped and labelled them for everyone in my family.  (I omitted who
the were from on the label.)  I then put all the individual cans into
one big box and labelled it to my mother.

Well, my mother, being one of the less technical people in my family,
duly opened the big box of "gifts" and acted as an open relay, quickly
distributing them to the rest of my family.  When my sister received
hers, she took one look at it, and screamed "We're being SPAMMED!!!".
At that point, my father told my mother to *stop* distributing the
gifts, but my mother couldn't understand why.  Most of the rest of my
family just started laughing.

heh.

It took a while before people figured out *who* the spammer was.  I
really should have spammed myself, but they probably could have
figured it out anyway since I wasn't real careful about the headers.

-wayne