Re: Sendmail white paper

2004-12-07 19:30:47

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Kitterman" <spf2(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 12:36 PM
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Sendmail white paper

Now, this isn't because everyone is checking my SPF record and rejecting
rather than bouncing.  It's because enough MTAs will reject on SPF fail,
that the spammers are moving one.  To me, SPF is not about stopping spam,
it's about stopping spam that purports to come from my domain(s).

Scott Kitterman

And it's especially helpful with the email worms and bounces from spam forged in your user's names, preventing them from receiving bounces for email they didn't send to domains that actually use SPF filtering.