Re: Re: What DB-Backed forwarding is.

2004-12-08 10:13:10
In <41B72566(_dot_)5050302(_at_)vocalabs(_dot_)com> Daniel Taylor
<dtaylor(_at_)vocalabs(_dot_)com> writes:

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
 william(at)elan.net <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> wrote:

Excuse me, but it seems to me you're describing SRS!
I thought that, for SRS, the return path is coded in the address
while, in DB-backed forwarding, it is out-of-band? (Hence its name.)

This is correct.

No, that was not correct.

SRS has an option to do DB-backed forwarding in all cases and this
must be implemented so that there is a fallback in cases where the
MTA being forwarded to rejects the MAIL FROM due to excessive
localpart lengths.

So, what you have described is a subset of SRS.

-wayne