Andrew Newton (MARID co-chair) has some recent blogs on SPF

2005-02-01 02:41:46

fyi;

Andy Newton, the co-chair of the IETF MARID working group, has just
recently posted a bunch of blog entries about SPF.  Check them out
here:

http://hxr.us/blojsom/blog/grumpops/computers/anti-spam/

The most recent one, posted yesterday is called "SPF Adoption Rate
Decreases".  Andy has done another survey of the .com/.net domain
looking for SPF records and has found a decrease in the publication
rate.  I was amused because I'm in the middle of redoing some of my
surveys on the same thing.  I've finished the .org and .net, and I'm
about a quarter of the way through the .com's.  I haven't done any
analysis on the data yet, but it wouldn't suprise me if I come up with
the same results as Andy.

The next most recent blog entry is a pointer to a pod-cast interview
between Marshall Rose (the other co-chair of MARID) and Andy about
"The MARID Fiasco".  Interesting listening.

The last recent blog talks about "Wherefore art thou Sender ID?".
Basically Andy points out that MS has been quietly moving ahead with
SenderID and he says that "It is probably only a matter of months
before Microsoft releases the next service pack for Exchange".  I
found this interesting, because the news reports I've seen is that say
that the SP2 for Exchange 2003 will be either "later this year" or "in
the second half of this year".
(e.g. http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=120833 )

Andy has several other blog entries that are interesting, but a little
older.

-wayne