Re: Security Wire Perspectives mentions SenderID

2005-02-23 23:32:46
Scott Kitterman wrote:

[Please s/right-to-left/left-to-right/ in my precursor]

an SPF HELO check should take no more than two:
"v=spf1 a:heloname.somedomain.com -all"

Sure, I'm still stunned by a completely useless discussion
with Doug in mxcomp, where he claimed that SPF could need
(not only) "hundreds of queries", it's worse, the optional
overall timeout would also cause "hundreds" of pending DNS
queries.  I didn't ask him why he would send queries for all
mechanisms simultaneously if the evaluation is left to right.

But the old optional overall timeout is certainly something
Wayne could delete in a spf-classic-01 or his 48 hours, it's
an unnecessary implementation detail, and Doug found a crude
way how it should be NOT implemented.

                         Bye, Frank