RE: Zonecuts specified in SPF draft

2005-02-24 11:38:04
Frank Ellermann wrote:
Wayne Schlitt wrote:
* Zone cuts allow the domain owner to explicitly say that
  non-existent subdomains of their domain should never be
  used.

True, and I was a bit surprised when I found Julian's note
about dropping the "zone cut" again.

Well, the zone cut default algorithm (thankfully!) has been discussed
exhaustively here, and based on all the arguments, the roughly undisputed
conclusion was that it was the wrong solution to the "I have to publish
too many SPF records" problem.  So we unanimously killed it at the last
meeting.

Better server-side wildcard records are the correct solution, and until
they are implemented macro processors or programmable DNS servers should
be used.