Re: The status of support for libspf2-1.2.x

2005-03-04 14:24:41
On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 16:03 -0300, Andreas Saurwein wrote:
Sorry, but the last version available for download (1.2.0pre1) does
NOT compile at all (at least not under VC6 or VS2003) as there are
many symbols NOT declared. There are several files missing in this
distribution.
Version 1.0.4 does compile and run.

And I think that is the version in question in the original post.

Version 1.2.5 runs reliably and correctly under heavy load, has full
pthread support, and is robust against nonaligned loads on Solaris. I
strongly recommend having a look at it. We have a 1.2.6 which has a few
more features in the daemon, but it's still in testing. We're having
another meeting in a day or so which should lead to another spate of
coding, and MTA patching is about to restart.

There were a number of architectural weaknesses in version 1.0 which
meant that it was almost impossible to thread. Most solutions actually
used multiple instances of the main library structure. 1.2 solves these
problems, and makes it very easy to integrate libspf2 into threaded
applications. Hence the delay.

There is no more support for version 1.0, but if any open source
application has not yet been updated to support version 1.2, please ask.
I already have open tickets for the exim patch, Postfix policyd and
spfmilter.

Thanks, and sorry for the delay.

S.

--