Quick Reject Method QR1

2005-04-20 17:44:25
I've been working on a method using Radu's "masks" idea, but as a separate step to be run independent of SPF. This could provide the solution we need to the DNS loading problem, and not require any changes in SPF syntax. As with the masks idea, it is not intended to be a stand-alone, but rather work hand-in-hand with other methods like SPF that provide more than a quick screen of a few IP blocks.

There is a draft at purl.net/net/macquigg/email draft-qr1-00.htm Comments are welcome. I'm especially interested in anything that might be *incompatible* with SPF. The idea is to not require radical change in any cooperative method.

--
Dave

P.S. If you get bored with the draft, check out the spammers at purl.net/net/macquigg/email Forwarders.htm. I always wondered what Beavis and Butthead did when they grew up. :>)

* David MacQuigg, PhD      email:  dmquigg-spf at yahoo.com      *  *
* IC Design Engineer            phone:  USA 520-721-4583      *  *  *
* Analog Design Methodologies                                 *  *  *
*                                   9320 East Mikelyn Lane     * * *
* VRS Consulting, P.C.              Tucson, Arizona 85710        *