Re: New SPFv1 spec: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02pre1

2005-06-01 06:38:00
In <20050531180225(_dot_)GA7253(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com> Mark Shewmaker
<mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com> writes:

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 10:02:51AM -0500, wayne wrote:

* The abstract now mentions both the MAIL FROM and HELO identities.

* The "scope" keyword-value pair has been renamed to "identity"

I don't see the advantage in this change of wording:

[...]

Everywhere else in the I-D, the term "identity" is used.

However, there is one remaining issue.

If reciever policy says that a failing mailfrom should be considered a
PASS because the verified HELO is trusted, how is that documented in
received-spf?

Such information could be placed in the comment, just as local policy
information currently is placed there by several SPF implementations.

I haven't thought of a good set of words to use yet, [...]

At this stage of the game, I'm very reluctant to introduce new
concepts.

-wayne