Re: For SPF Council review - FAIL PermError vs. NONE NXDOMAIN

2005-06-01 10:06:08
wayne wrote:

Julian's proposal was voted on, and since it ended in a tie,
the motion was defeated.  I really don't like the idea of
re-opening issues, that kind of defeats the point of having
a vote.

My three points are very different from what Julian wanted, in
fact one point is roughly the opposite from what he wanted.

-02pre1 does not yet have redirect=invalid as a PermError
like an include:invalid, roughly the rest of my point 1.

This is already on the list of issues that need to be
decided.

It's a part of my three combined points posted 2005-05-22.  If
it was already on a list of open issues before this date I did
not know it (and BTW, where is this list ?)

 [PermError ~ FAIL]
Again, this has been ruled on.

IIRC you discussed PermError ~ SOFTFAIL coming to the decision
that this was wrong.  You didn't decide that the draft should
simply reflect the correct state in -00 and some -01pre?, i.e.
PermError ~ FAIL

The PermError description in -02pre1 is still "incomplete", to
put very it mildly.  The SPF Council has not yet decided how
to handle this, it only decided that it's not like SOFTFAIL as
in -01.  The fix in -02pre1 is insufficient.

                            Bye, Frank