SPF HELO fails

2005-06-02 17:31:55
I'm beginning to see more SPF HELO fails for good email from some places I would have thought would know better. I got a number of those from IBM corporate mail servers (and other places too). I don't reject on a HELO failure, just mark it and send it on so I didn't miss anything. Is it worth trying to contact domain owners and let them know about this type of failure?

I really encourage people to use SPF as much as possible, but people must use it "properly" so others (me) can depend on the validity of any failures (to me the SPF FAIL is the most important aspect).

I would be interested in what the "Community" thinks about this.
--

Dennis Willson
taz(_at_)taz-mania(_dot_)com

www.taz-mania.com

Ham: KA6LSW
GMRS: WPSJ953
SCUBA: Rescue, Wreck, Night, EANx, Nitrox Blender, UW Photographer, Equip, Altitude

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

Sender Policy Framework: http://spf.pobox.com/ Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss/current/ Read the whitepaper! http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your subscription, please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com