MS says SenderID will be in Exchange 2003 SP2

2005-06-07 22:28:45

Hot on the heals of the announcement by Yahoo and Cisco that they are
merging their systems, Microsoft has repeated their announcement that
Exchange 2003 SP2 will include SenderID.  This seems to have hit a lot
of the IT press.  See, for example:

http://informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=164301210

It doesn't look like there is really anything new in this flurry of
news stories.  It containes basically the same information as the
flurry of news stories back in January.  See, for example:

http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=120833

The release date for Exchange 2003 SP2 is still "the second half of
2005", which is coming up at the end of the month.  I guess this could
mean that MS is generating buzz for a July 1 release, but I suspect not.

-wayne