Re: IESG intends to publish conflicting RfCs causing loss of legit e-mails

2005-06-15 10:01:57
Julian Mehnle wrote in spf-discuss:

Please be patient, we're on it.

Timing is of utmost importance.  We need to call the troops
(IAB) as soon as any "sender-id" draft abusing v=spf1 policies
for PRA arrives in the RfC in-queue.  And for that you have to
show that you discussed this with Brian.  Or that you tried to
discuss this.  Not for some minutes or pro forma, but really.

As evidence a Cc: iesg AT ietf.org should be good enough, the
IAB probably has a way to check this.  My first attempt with
a Cc: brc AT zurich.ibm.com was inconclusive, so you'd better
add chair AT ietf.org

Do NOT wait until doomesday as I did in MARID, that was a very
serious "process failure" on my side.  You MUST get this ready
within two months after the incident, and the incident was the
announcement of Mr. Hardie.
                            Bye, Frank