Re: Council: Choosing a SPF domain name trustee

2005-06-18 07:00:23
In <200506181532(_dot_)14639(_dot_)bulk(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net> Julian Mehnle
<bulk(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net> writes:

Dear community,

as per council resolution #14[1]...

| The web site domains
|
| Official domains for the project website must be owned and paid for by a
| trusted person chosen by the council through majority vote without
| explicit dissent. Monetary donations are welcome and should be directed
| at the chosen trustee. [...]

...we need to choose a trustee who will own and pay for the domains that
the project is soon going to choose as its official domains.  Please
discuss who you'd like to become that trustee.  The council will then
formally pick a person at one of its next meetings.

I will volunteer for this role, but I think there are many others that
are at least as qualified as I am.

I do think this is one of the critical roles that someone can play in
the SPF project.  Just about everything else we can create a backup
system so that we don't depend on one preson, and many things we
couldn't restrict people if we tried.

Whoever we choose, we must trust them to be around for the long run
and be dependable.

One thought is maybe asking some trusted organization to hold the
domain name.  For example, the apache foundation, or SPI (the debian
holding corp), or someone.

-wayne