Re: Next strategic steps for SPF

2005-06-27 05:09:47
Greetings:

I'm new to SPF and to this discussion group. So please take what I'm about to write with a grain of salt.

1.      I would suggest market education about SPF

From what I understand most drug companies focus on consumer education more so than physician education because then they have the patients asking the doctors for the medication.

Here you can have consumers asking if their providers know about and support SPF.

I would love to see educational material for providers to use (and share the burden of the cost of education) to educate their customers.

2. I believe you would lose people if you don't make SPF 3 backwards compatible with SPF 1.

Hosting automation vendors like Positive Software at http://www.psoft.net/ just included SPF 1 support in their H-Sphere 2.4.3 product.

While I'm sure the developers at Psoft could easily update for SPF 3 support. Solid development doesn't turn on a time (unless security is involved, and then even with care).

I believe existing adopters may be scared off if there is no backward compatibility; at least to allow a bridge so that the move to SPF 3 (if this is sound) can take place in a meaningful, controlled, quality manner.

===

In any event, education should really be a focus.

Thank you.

--- Peter M. Abraham