Re: FWD: The IETF has accepted the SPF specification for RFC status!

2005-06-28 01:19:34
On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:43:47PM +0200, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Wayne Schlitt wrote:
It was pointed out to me on IRC that not everyone who is subscribed to
spf-discuss is also subscribed to spf-announce and that I should post
messages to spf-announce here also.

I'm not sure this logic holds.  If spf-discuss subscribers aren't also
subscribed to spf-announce out of not knowing about spf-announce, then we
need to do something about it.  If spf-discuss subscribers aren't also
subscribed to spf-announce for _other_ reasons, then we should probably
respect those reasons and not send announcements to spf-discuss.

Can't speak for others but I always thought *-announce lists are low volume
lists where important announcements are >>>also<<< distributed. IOW as far
as I'm concerned, it would be duplicates.

If that's not the case then yes, something needs to be done :)

Alex