Re: Recipient Rewriting Scheme

2005-08-17 17:21:14
On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 08:12:03PM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

If it fails SPF, it aint my forwarder.  That is kind of the whole
point of SPF.  Remember, I am checking the forwarder domain against
SPF - *** NOT the MAIL FROM ***.  That is the whole purpose of RRS:
to extract what the MAIL FROM should have been if the forwarder
were using SRS or the equivalent.

Perhaps I didn't understand:

RRS=IHBf67rW=blockbuster(_dot_)com=user(_at_)example(_dot_)com
[snip]
Now, when email arrives to that address, the SPF check is done against
blockbuster.com - even though the MAIL FROM says custhelp.com - and

You mean blockbuster is your forwarder, not the original sender ?
If that's so, it's quite confusing.  It looks as if it's the original
sender (from a forwarder's perspective) and "example.com" is the forwarder.

Alex