Re: [spf-discuss] this is correct ?

2005-08-31 11:28:13
exactly, and there is no sense to post error log, this is my own spf client
implementation and this one domain is first
one where I'm confused what to do.

Just have checked http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html and as I can
understeand this is correct record ?

I must check my dns client routine ... tnx to all

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Willson <taz(_at_)taz-mania(_dot_)com>
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:38:21 -0700
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] this is correct ?

I don't think it's HIS domain or one he's responsible for. He said he
found this as a log entry for the SPF implementation (read client) he's
working on, not that he's working on the SPF record itself. I believe
he's asking what his client should do with this record.

Herb Martin wrote:

I have find in server log problem and finally ...
if you check spf record for b.e.mckinseyquarterly.com (forget
about #^%$ first ptr ...) but txt is in two pieces ??

sorry, about my english, just lookup that domain ...

Dejan Petrovic

You can check validity here:

    http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html

It passed, and looks ok to me (others more expert on SPF may give
you better analysis, but I have a couple of questions...

b.e.mckinseyquarterly.com       text =

       "v=spf1 ptr:e.mckinseyquarterly.com ip4:207.251.96.0/24
ip4:65.125.54.0/
24 ip4:216.15.189.32/27 ip4:216.198.200.0/27 ip4:66.165."
       "100.120/29 ?all"

Questions:

1) Are you really trying to setup SPF for the zone/
domain b.e.mckinseyquarterly.com, or for some parent
domain of this one?  (b.e.mckinseyquarterly.com h

2) Although perfectly legal 100.120/29 looks somewhat
unusual as a network/mask combination.

It is equivalent to:  100.120.0.0/29, or the 8 ips
from 100.120.0.0 -- 100.120.0.7.

As long as you mean those IP addresses this is fine.

--
Herb Martin