Re: [spf-discuss] solving the forwarding problem

2005-09-10 20:07:33
David wrote:

SPF itself has a big problem with forwarding, SRS is not the solution,
mainly because it will never be 100% deployed. The solution has to be
in SPF itself and it will need to be after DATA, or maybe we could all
switch to DKIM

Big for some, not for others.  For me, web forms are a bigger problem.

There are solutions such as SES w/exists: that work just fine without requiring the whole world to change.

The interesting thing, I think, about DKIM is that it should work in circumstances that SPF may not (forwarding comes to mind) and so an option in an SPF record that promised a DKIM signature for valid messages might be a good enough reason to go to DATA on an SPF fail.

Scott K