Re: [spf-discuss] use of mydomain.com

2005-09-15 13:57:19
Alex,

At 01:38 PM 9/15/2005, you wrote:
On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 01:22:55PM -0600, Commerco WebMaster wrote:
> Alex,
>
> FWIW, I've always thought that in discussions on lists and in
> examples offered on sites, it is probably prudent to use .TLD as
> opposed to a real top level domain name like .COM to avoid any issues
> with a real domain holder.

afaik that would be ".invalid".  In any case, one should not use an
existing domain unless the domain owner himself uses it.

Agreed. But, then one would also not be using somebody else's name in their example.

Also, thanks to Mark Jeftovic's comment on this thread ("example.com is always a good one to use as it's reserved."). I did not know that... then again, there are so many things I do not know. Thanks for that heads up.

cheers
Alex

Best,

Alan Maitland
WebMaster(_at_)Commerco(_dot_)Net
The Commerce Company - Making Commerce Simple(sm)
http://WWW.Commerco.Com/