[spf-discuss] Re: Interesting bug reported in libspf-1.0

2006-06-28 13:37:24
On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 11:46:46AM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Kurt Andersen wrote:

I was informed of a problem with the libspf-1.0 implementation today. . .

I created a test case for this on pyspf.  For my test case, at least, the
problem is not the macro, but the trailing dot in the redirect.

Our record has not had the trailing dot for quite some time.  I was able to
get more information from the person who found the problem.  Apparently there
was an "off-by-one" bug in libspf which was skipping the '%' character if it
immediately followed 'redirect=', so for our record it was attempting to look
up the value '{d}.spf.agilent.com' without doing the macro processing.  We have
a wildcard so the lookup worked, but eventually fell through to a '-all'.

Cheers,
  Kurt