[spf-discuss] Re: RFC 4407 / PRA IPR disclosure -- something stinks!

2006-07-31 04:20:36
Julian Mehnle wrote:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4407.txt says:
| Intellectual Property
[...]

Boilerplate copied verbatim from BCP 79 sectiuon 5.

|    http://www.ietf.org/ipr.
...plus:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_search.cgi?option=rfc_search&rfc_search=4407

Something ain't right here!

Bug in the tracker maybe ?  Checking, no, it's on the page
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_list.cgi listed as 434,
2004-08-24.  No "updated by", so that's still fresh.

| The IETF invites any interested party to bring to its attention any
| copyrights, patents or patent applications, or other proprietary
| rights that may cover technology that may be required to implement
| this standard.  Please address the information to the IETF at
| ietf-ipr(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)

Anyone up for it?

I've done this IIRC in early May 2004 about Caller-ID, I could
do it again.  Their patent application is apparently still in
the "pat. pend." state.  Or whatever http://tinyurl.com/6lczr
means, actually I've no clue.

Bye, Frank