Re: [spf-discuss] 551 redirection

2006-08-01 08:20:52

Btw, Exim 4.63 just been released with this feature.

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 08:18:18AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:

Another approach at solving the forwarding problem is using standard 551 code,
which eventualy (let's hope) every MTA will be able to interpret and act
accordingly without generating a bounce:

  551: User not local; please try <foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)org>

There's a plugin for qpsmtpd (in their wiki) to activate this via ~/.redirect.
The next version of Exim (4.63) will have support for generating this code by
prepending the error message with "551 ".

For example, in /etc/aliases:

  foo:       :fail: 551 User not local; please try <foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)org>

Or, if you want to enable it via user dotfiles:

  dot_redirect:
    driver = redirect
    check_local_user
    require_files = $home/.redirect
    verify_only
    allow_fail
    data = :fail: 551 User not local; please try
<${readfile{$home/.redirect}{}}>
    condition = ${if !exists {$home/.forward}}

I've setup an "echo" redirection gateway for testing purposes.  It's in
<echo(_at_)aybabtu(_dot_)com>.  Feel free to give it a try.

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot(_at_)aybabtu(_dot_)com(_dot_)  Note: this address is
only intended for
spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.