Re: [spf-discuss] Summary of the policy discussion on the ietf-dkim list?

2006-08-06 09:11:19

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Kitterman" <scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com>
Newsgroups: spf.-.sender.policy.framework.discussion

What's going on now is a debate over policy requirements.
I expect that the requirements document that is about to be
published is going to have a scope similar to the pre-working
group SSP draft, but with the likely addition of the ability
for a domain to publish a list of authorized signers.

I never saw the "pre-working group SSP Draft." Maybe I did, but if history
is to be repeated, this requirements documents made be very similar to
Michael Thomas's other requirements documents, a series of itemized
statements. Like this one:

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/01dec/I-D/draft-ietf-kink-reqmt-03.txt

We can hope it covers all the issues, but my view it won't. It will be
watered down tremendously.  Lets hope I am wrong on that.

http://www.santronics.com