Re: [spf-discuss] DNS Provider TXT Support List Updated

2006-09-18 18:54:17
On Sunday 17 September 2006 23:43, wayne wrote:
In <200609172330(_dot_)57997(_dot_)scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> Scott
Kitterman
<scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> writes:
I've fixed that and dealt with the other comments I've gotten here and
via IRC.  Thanks everyone, it's updated again.

Thanks again for doing this stuff Scott.

One thing I mentioned on IRC, but I still see that it hasn't changed
is for XO Communications.  There, you have the "as of" in the "yes/no"
column instead of the comments.

Fixed.

One other thing you might want to mention is that not only does
godaddy support TXT records, but they have a very functional SPF
wizard.

Added.

Oh, I guess another thing that would be cool to know, but I suspect it
would be a lot of work to find out, is whether these folks support the
TYPE99 SPF RR type along with TXT.  My *guess* is that none of them
do, but who knows.

Oh, and since underscores are sometimes used in SPF configurations,
that would be nice to know if they allow you to create subdomains with
them.  This is probably more useful for domainkeys/dkim, but still
useful for SPF.

I've added text adding for the above info if people have it.  I also asked for
information on subdomain DNS delegation as there are ways it is useful for
both SPF and DKIM.

I must say I'm surprised and disappointed that neither NetSol nor
register.com support TXT records yet.

Keep in mind that I don't solicit information for the list.  The data there is
as of the last time someone contacted me.

Scott K