Re: [spf-discuss] Fwd: your attitude and your blablabla

2006-09-24 17:59:10
Julian Mehnle wrote:
Probably not worth much discussion, but in order not to suppress the
negative feedback we get through the contact form, I'm forwarding our
latest submission:

Wow, that is nice feedback, but at least it is not an adhominem personal
attack like some silly people do ;)

Name: Patrick LE MARTIN
[..]
As we are in english, I will say it in english: bullshit, bullshit and
bullshit
What you are doing is even worse than spamming

<cover state="deephidinginnuclearproofbunker">
Now I get why Americans hate the French, they are the same kind of
people ;) (I guess only smart people will get that one, the rest are
either French or American ;)
</cover>

Actually one of the bullshits is quite right IMHO, the website looks and
feels like an advert. Especially pictures like
http://www.openspf.org/images/flashbg.jpg,
http://www.openspf.org/images/6p4.jpg and
http://www.openspf.org/images/2pic.jpg

Then again, the new site (new.openspf.org) is a bit _too_ technical
maybe for some people, eg the folks who don't know what it is about like
the French guy who wrote the above message.

Thus two (positive) things to mention/ask:
 a) When is new.openspf.org going to replace www.openspf.org
 b) It (new.o.o) needs a "I am a User" button which brings them
    to a FAQ item similar like the "not a programmer" one, but
    which contains a short, max ~10 lines, explanation what SPF is
    and how it might impact people. But in layman terms.

Greets,
 Jeroen