[spf-discuss] Re: sid-milter questions

2006-11-01 00:13:58
wayne wrote:

For what it is worth, Julian plans on supporting SenderID in his new
Mail::SPF perl implmentation.  Just the mfrom part, not the pra, but
it is SenderID none the less.

A terminology observation:

We sometimes say "SenderID" when we mean spf2.0, and that includes of
course "mfrom", to some degree (99%) the same as v=spf1, reserving 1%
for positional modifiers (all hypothetical, as it was in summer 2004).

We sometimes say "SenderID" when we mean spf2.0/pra (+ ESMTP SUBMIT),
that doesn't include "mfrom".  The fate of spf2.0/helo is unclear, I'd
claim that it's an integral part of spf2.0/mfrom or v=spf1, certainly
not a part of "SenderID".

Frank