Re: [spf-discuss] An attorney's view of the Microsoft Open Specification Promise (OSP)

2006-11-10 21:52:33
Although I am and have been a supporter of the SPF standard for several years now, these words from the article you site -

"The key word here is "existing," which in context means "now existing." The question thus arises, what about future versions of the same standards? "

brought several thoughts to mind not only as regards the future of existing standards, but also as to what of any new standards which may seek to solve a common problem using a similar methodology? There are only so many ways to go about dealing with the issue of domain identity theft in email, doubtless future efforts will tread over territory which may be perceived as "owned territory" by the company filing said Open Specification Promise (OSP).

All that said, I suppose it all comes down to the spirit of the document and if one trusts its authors.

Alan Maitland
WebMaster(_at_)Commerco(_dot_)Net