Re: [spf-discuss] spf-test(_at_)openspf(_dot_)org Test Results Summary - 2006-12-14 06:25 to 2006-12-16 06:25 UTC

2006-12-18 10:48:52
On Saturday 16 December 2006 16:03, Scott Kitterman wrote:
Total tests sent - 151

Permerror reasons:

No valid SPF record for included domain - 7
Invalid domain found (use FQDN) - 3
Two or more type TXT spf records found - 2
Include has trivial recursion - 1

I took a further look at the Invalid domain found (use FQDN) results.  One was
someone using www rather than the FQDN, so I think the error message was
appropriate.  The other (tested twice) was caused by someone comma separating
their mechanisms, i.e.:

a:mail.example.com,

The error message was not wrong (a trailing comma is not allowed in an FQDN),
but could be clearer.  I've updated pyspf to provide a more specific error
message for this case.  It will now return:

Do not separate mechnisms with commas: a:mail.example.com,

Scott K