[spf-discuss] Re: Did the council meet? Where is the log?

2007-03-12 14:02:49
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

I thought the council was going to have a meeting yesterday?

It's a regular meeting slot, but there was nothing for a chat
last week, and I missed the meeting slot anyway by one hour :-)

See http://www.openspf.org/Council_Meeting/2007-02-09 (18:46)

While I'm at it some IETF news, next week IETF 68 starts, and
as always they produce tons of new drafts before a meeting.

Interesting from our POV:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-rfc2821bis (01)

Second attempt to fix 2821 errors (but no substantial issues)
and then promote this PS to DS.
---

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-email-arch (06)

Dave's also at it again, and I vaguely recall that I liked 05
better than 04, but didn't read all of it.
---

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-sender-auth-header (04)

A new definition of the Authentication-Results header field,
it discusses "spf", "sender-id", and "domainkeys" so far.
---

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-dac-vbr (00)

Paul about "vouch by reference".  Mentions "spf", "sender-id",
and "dkim", but I haven't read it yet.  Likely a "must read"
for all interested in questions of reputation.
---

The new ASRG draft-BCP about blacklists apparently exists only
as editor's copy, not yet as Internet Draft.  What I've read
is promising (check the ASRG list for an URL).
---

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis (08)

New version of SMTP AUTH, past Last Call, but not yet approved,
there's still a pending SASL PLAIN over TLS [IESG Discuss].
---

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eai-framework (05)

An overview about the Email Address Internationalization I-Ds,
past Last Call, but AFAIK not yet approved.  Easy to read.
---

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-eai-smtpext (04)

The hardcore stuff as far as it affects us (i.e. ESMTP).  I've
more or less promised to write a separate draft with some SPF
considerations: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ima/1439
---

Otherwise I was lazy and only attacked Errors-To because it's
certainly not good enough to survive PRA checks (or any v=spf1
FAIL policies without op=pra abused for PRA checks):

http://www.iana.org/assignments/message-headers/prov/errors-to
---

Nothing new wrt RFC 4409 8.1 (submit), SPF options, errata,
tags, or helo policies (stuff discussed here that could make
it in an I-D at some point in time - for the SPF options I-D
the include: and redirect= considerations are still missing)

But I did manage to submit a new news and nntp URI draft some
weeks ago, of course completely unrelated to SPF... :-)

Frank